Farmstand Crew Member (full-time)
Full-time, seasonal, May through September. Long-term employment available
We work hard at Woods Market Garden, and we love what we do and have fun doing it. Our farmstand has a reputation for having a friendly and helpful sales staff. As a member of our Farmstand Crew, you will be a part of a team of co-workers, aiding and assisting in a variety of different tasks and responsibilities. We are seeking individuals ready to work efficiently in a physically demanding and fast paced environment. All candidates should generally be positive, easy to get along with, energetic, adaptable, and capable of clear and consistent communication.
Tasks can range throughout the season, but primary responsibilities entail selling produce and plants, watering plants, stocking produce, and being able to assist customers in a friendly and courteous manner. If you are a "people person" - especially if you have gardening knowledge - we would love to talk to you!
Responsibilities can at times be physically demanding, so all candidates must be capable of lifting heavy and awkward items of 40 lbs. or more, performing repetitive tasks with a positive attitude and physical stamina, and able to work in inclement weather as necessary.
- Setting up, breaking down, and restocking the produce displays
- Watering plants
- Assisting customers as needed
- Ringing up customers and processing payment
- Receiving and stocking merchandise
- Maintaining a clean and tidy environment
- Completing inventory checklists
- Assisting with produce washing and bagging when necessary
- Managing other farmstand employees as necessary
- General farm labor as needed
- Prior customer service or retail experience is a plus but not required
- Positive and energetic disposition with excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Punctuality and strong time management skills
- Be able to operate a cash register and do simple math and make change
- Strong back with the ability to lift heavy and awkward objects and be comfortable spending a full shift on their feet
- Ability to work well in both a team setting and independently
- Fast learner and ability to adapt to new positions and working with new people
- Ability to take direction, accept constructive feedback and to ask for help when needed
35-40 hours/week, beginning in early May and lasting until mid to late-September.
This position is hourly with benefits including free produce from the farm and a discount to our farmstand. Wage is commensurate with experience.
Please email a letter of interest, and 3 references to:
Dan and Elyse Wulfkuhle
Please write “Farmstand Crew Member” in the email subject line.
Woods Market Garden does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, or ability.
Wood's Market Garden
93 Wood Lane
Brandon, VT 05733